Tuesday 19 May 2015

White With 1 - May

So, this is the first month in a while where I have had to wait like everyone else to find out the colour for the monthly challenge over at WW1! A bit weird but that's ok, now I can join in and enjoy the new teams creations!

So, the colour this month is Raspberry Wine



raspberry wine


A little hard to match perfectly, reds seemed to be too warm or too blue or too pink. Anyhoo, I think the colour I found was a pretty good match, and I had some fun creating the background that is for sure!



What else that was really fun was playing with the Charms Creations DIY heart. There are shapes available in white and cream calico so you can do whatever you want to make it fit your project! Pretty cool hey?!

This heart started off white and I stamped a pattern using a cool Hero Arts stamp and clear embossing ink and then sprinkled with clear powder and set the pattern.

Once it cooled downed I sprayed my ink, in this case I used dylusions cherry pie, onto my craft mat with some water, swiped the heart through, sprayed a bit more water directly on the heart to help the colour spread and finished with a little more ink directly on the heart also.

The result is essentially an emboss resist pattern on the heart. I am thinking maybe the pattern was too detailed for the small scale, so I need to play around a little more, but it definitely worked!


After it dried off a little I used a hot dry iron and some butchers paper and ironed off the embossing.


You can see the detail a little better in the close up.



I also cut out some gorgeous Wilna Furstenburg flowers and leaves to surround my photos and coloured the word in black to make it my title. A pretty simple page, but I love how it turned out!

So there you have it, my first WW1 entry in ages! Looking forward to doing more.

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x


11 comments:

Sandra said...

Totally cool idea Katie. Might have to try something like this myself.

Lizzyc said...

This looks gorgeous. love all the work on your back ground.. and... thanks for joining in with White With One this month!

Nicole Doiron said...

Gorgeous page! Thank you for playing with our "Raspberry Wine" challenge at White with 1!

Marek said...

WOWOW Love it and thanks for joining us at WW1

Julie said...

Beautiful page loving your background thanks for joining in with us at WW1

Tania said...

This is gorgeous Katie, loving your background. Thanks for joining us at WW1 :)

Heidi said...

Super gorgeous katie, love your work, Thanks for joining in this month

Amanda said...

Just beautiful - love that background and REALLY love how you altered the Charms Creation heart! Thank you for joining in at White with 1!

Marie-Eve said...

Really love it! Good idea for altering the charm. Thank for playing Wotherspoon us at ww1

The Scrapbooker's Confetti Box said...

I to love to alter embellies, glad you decided to play along this moth at WW1

Cheers Janet xx said...

simply gorgeous! .. You have worked the colour so well. Thanks so much for playing along at WW1 this month :)