Wednesday 27 May 2015

Show Us Your Stuff - May

So, I have managed to get another challenge done before the month is finished! This time I decided to go with one that was reasonably easy, a sketch! You have to love a sketch for getting something done fast (well usually anyway!). I went with the sketch up at Show Us Your Stuff:


So this is the sketch and as usual the only other criteria is something handmade. I have included a Charms Creations map marker and a D-lish Scraps flair button. So, this is what I finished with:


I dug these old photos out after talking about brass monkey's (and what happens to them!) with Liam. The photos are from 2008, and just look at how little my three are! Even Liam commented on how small he looked. Ahh.... memories... babies no more!

I played up on the red and yellow that Liam was wearing and kept the rest of the page fairly neutral with black, white and grey, oh and a little kraft for good measure!


Love how my Charms Creation map marker was a perfect match for this page!


And a little bit of D-lish Scraps flair often makes its way onto my pages, and this kraft script word was perfect.


I decided that the background was too stark if I just left it plain white, so I used a stencil and texture paste then added a soft water colour effect using scattered straw distress ink on a plastic bag spritzed with water. This is a great way to create a soft effect. Then I splattered a little bit of red Mr Huey's to finish.

Well, that is it for now. I am not sure I will get any more challenges done this month, a few other deadlines are snapping at my heal! But never say never!

Thanks for stopping by.

Katie x

5 comments:

Alison said...

Nothing like a sketch for a quick scrappy fix! Fab background and colour combo. Thanks for joining us at SUYS again this month.

sandi spink said...

Gorgeous combo of colours and layers. Thanks for joining us at Off The Rails.

Amanda said...

BIG love! Love this colour combo - so eyecatching! Thanks for playing over at SUYS!

Sue Plumb said...

Katie, this looks awesome! Colours look fabulous, beautiful subtle texture on the background and great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS. :)

Sandra said...

Fabulous layout Katie, love the colours you've used, with the map marker. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining s at SUYS.