Sunday 31 May 2015

Off the Rails - May

Well, I managed to get another challenge in before the month finished! So, I decided to go with the Off the Rails inspiration board which is:






An interesting board and I wasn't completely sure which way to go at first. But I found some older photos of my kids in amongst trees and then thought it would go perfectly with some wood grain paper and the wood grain on the board. Use the colour scheme, add some butterflies and doilies (for the lace on the books) and not to forget a few flowers and I was done! So here is what I finished with:


So, I found the perfect Charms Creations heavenly heart to match this board, and it is one of the newer ones with a matching butterfly too! And I was so impressed that some of my newer goodies from D-lish Scraps included some wooden dyed butterfly buttons and there happened to be two red ones that matched!


A close up of the heart, great match isn't it?! I just love using the journal spots from D-lish Scraps, it makes it so easy to add my journalling and I just have to layer it into my page.



Love using my doilies (also from D-lish) and I thought this wood veneer tag from Pink Fresh Studio was a great title.



More bits and bobs from D-lish in this little cluster.


So, there you have it, my page using the Off the Rails inspiration board for May.

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

6 comments:

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

This is so pretty. I love that wood grain paper. It's so effective. Thanks for sharing with us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking

Unknown said...

I love those photos Katie. The layout looks great, so well balanced and the wood grain is perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

The Gov. said...

Thanks for joining the challenge at Off The Rails Scrapbooking. Adorable page!

Beeceecreativity said...

adorable photos.. great design and colours. Thanks for joining us at OTRS

Unknown said...

I love how sweet your layout is! The color combinations and the embellishments are so adorable! Thanks for participating in OTRS challenge! :)

Sue Plumb said...

Katie, this is awesome! I so love your style, it's so clean and fresh! I think you have done a fantastic job interpreting this board, right down to all the little details. FAB work! Thanks for playing along with us at OTRS. :)