Friday 5 February 2016

Scrap the Girls February

Thought I had better jump on and share my sample for the Scrap the Girls February challenge! This month we have a pretty awesome inspiration board, and I just loved it!


I think it was the gold that made it for me! And gold combined with black, such a striking combination and that is what I went with on my page. I also had a play with some different techniques and ideas and I really love the page that I finished with.


Lots and lots of gold! Lucky I have been collecting gold or I would have been stuffed! I started with using my Minc toner pen (when it was working, but that is another story...) to create dots on the black background, they are roughly in line and similar size but some do tend to veer off with their own ideas! I foiled these with gold (of course!) and that gave me my starting point.

Continuing on with the foiling I decided to try foiling my Charms Creations DIY Star, and guess what? It worked! Last for the foiling was my title, which I wrote onto cardstock with the toner pen and then added the gold and cut around. Can you see some of the other gorgeous gold goodies? There is a gold foil flair from Flutterby Designs and a gold foiled vellum bow from Rainbow Splendour. It all looks so pretty in this gold cluster!


I wanted to add some other interest on the background so used some gold texture paste from Faber Castell and a script stencil. I had some gorgeous gold foiled vellum and a doily which I used to mat my photos and finished off with some gold glitter stars and embossed stickers.


And just when you think I couldn't add in any more gold, I used my gold motex tape to do my journaling!

It might be gold overload but I love it!

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x


No comments: