Monday 5 October 2015

Scrap the Girls October

Wow, October, that is just crazy! But, a new month means new challenges and that is always good. Today I am sharing my sample for the Scrap the Girls new challenge, which is one of the most gorgeous mood boards that I have seen! The colours are simply divine! So I guess you want to see the mood board now....






And this is the page that I created from the board:


I had recently purchased a pack of pastel coloured gelatos with just the right colours for this challenge, so that is where I started on my background. Simply colouring the background and then blending with water. Over this I added some white gesso through a bricks stencil to create my "wall" and then layered up from there.


There is one of my favourite items, the D-lish Scraps journal spot! And I am loving using word strip stickers, these ones are from Crate Paper.


And I can just about always find the perfect Charms Creation to add to my page and this butterfly doily runner was the right touch, sitting under my simple wood veneer title.


I loved the line of butterflies on the mood board and used that in the same colours as my patterned paper to run beside the photo, still using my trusty Martha Stewart butterfly punches!

Well that is it for today, too hot to sit at the computer any longer! Thanks for stopping by and make sure you head over to Scrap the Girls for the rest of the teams fabulous inspiration and have a go yourself!

No comments: