Sunday 1 February 2015

Pipped at the Post

I had meant to get this challenge done and up before we finished January, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. But that doesn't stop me sharing it!

I decided to have a go at another sketch, this one was up over at Show Us Your Stuff, which is a blog centered around handmade embellishments and goodies, whether your own or bought from some little on-line or Etsy store.

Now given I have a good stash of Charm's Creations I thought it was a great opportunity to use something from there, and Charm's was having a challenge through January also, to use a map marker on your page and note where you were. So I rolled it all into one page, cause I had just the photos that would work!




So this is the sketch, and now here is my take on the sketch:


So you can see I used the map marker as my hand made item and also for my title block. And a close up below.



Otherwise I used a few bits and bobs, mainly from D-lish Scraps because my stash is ever expanding!


So, there you have it, my almost made it in time challenge!

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

1 comment:

Sue Plumb said...

Bugger Katie! Sorry you missed entering this in our challenge on time, it looks fantastic! Great take on the sketch and use of colour! I hope you get a chance to play along with us again! :)