Sunday 1 February 2015

February at Scrap the Boys

Another challenge up at Scrap the Boys and this is such a great one! I had been waiting for just the right opportunity on how to scrap this particular story about Liam and when I saw this challenge knew it was perfect. So what is the challenge I hear you ask, well this is:





I imagine you can all think of funny things that come out of the mouths of your boys/men, and that is what makes this such a great challenge.

So this is my page:


The first thing you need to understand is that we are big Dr Who fans. The main picture was of a statue I came across in a winery in the Stanthorpe region and the first thing I thought of when I saw it was the Weeping Angels on Dr Who. Which worked in perfectly with the story.

The full story: Liam was wandering around the house and Erin was following him, but stopping still every time Liam turned around (which is kind of what the Weeping Angels do, but in a much scarier way). Eventually Liam had enough and shouted at her " Erin will you stop, you are not a Weeping Angel". This mad me laugh, mainly because it was an "only in this household" kind of moment and so many just wouldn't get it!


So I ended up finding some images on-line that I printed and punched to act as my accents on the page, the tardis and a couple of weeping angels.


And I also used some brushed pewter distress stain spray from Tim Holtz. Wow, this stuff is great! I have some in antiqued bronze that I can't wait to use too!

So check out the other great pages from the team here, and have a think about the things your boys/men say.

And we must not forget a shout out to our sponsors too. This month they are:

Flutterby Designs
 A prize pack worth $15 from Flutterby Designs would be awesome!

 

Faber Castell
 These guys are donating two small packs of gelatos!

 

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see your work in the gallery soon.

Katie x

No comments: