Wednesday 13 April 2016

Rainbow Splendour Share

This month over at Rainbow Splendour we are focusing on wood veneer. I don't know about you, but wood veneer is one of those things that I seem to "collect", and the wood veneer from RS has been amazing.


So, my page is quite simple, relying on a mixed media background and the wood veneer for the main focus.


I used some of the wonderful texture paste from Colour Blast with a Flutterby Designs stencil. Then I played with colour over the top with the texture paste resisting the mists and water colours.


The word I "painted" with a bit of gold texture paste to make it look dip dyed, and the rainbow I coloured with some distress marker pens, I was pleased with how vibrant the colour came out, as I didn't prepare the wood in any way beforehand.


Oh and I managed to fit a pretty pin in too, because there is always room for one of these!

Is it time to get out your wood veneer?

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

No comments: