Monday 18 April 2016

Kraft + April Share

Well I have to admit to another month disappearing in a flurry of activity here, how about you?! This year really feels like my catch phrase will be "so much to do, so little time".....

Anyway, I do try and give myself some creating time here and there, and I am sharing my take on the current Kraft+ challenge, which is Black and White and Kraft and a funky mood board, a pretty great combination I must say.


There is lots of great inspiration on the board too. I was drawn to the framed quotes particularly the different fonts, the dotty gift and also the circles of the plates. This is what I finished with:


I thought that this photo of the Brisbane wheel at night was a great choice given that it almost looks like a black&white photo, and for the circular element too. I have also been trying to use more stamping on my pages so created some patterned paper effects with word stamps using white and black ink. The white stamping is on a separate piece of kraft cardstock while the black stamping is directly on the background card. After this I just started adding suitable bits from my stash!


I love these wood veneer crosses from Rainbow Splendour and have coloured them with black ink to suit the page. Here this one is layered with half a vellum bow also from Rainbow Splendour, a Charms Creations chevron, ticket from Flutterby Designs and a couple of other little bits. The journal spot is from D-lish Scraps and they are my favourite to use!


In this little cluster is the other half of the vellum bow, another Charms Creations and another cross, but I love the big glitter ampersand and flair. The flair is from D-lish, and the die cut from a Heidi Swapp pack.


Finally, more little bits, the bingo card came from one of Rainbow Splendours kits from last release, a great thing for layering, and the little spotty bag was a D-lish Scraps goody.


There is still time for you to get your black and white on and create a page for Kraft +, I hope you have a go!

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x


No comments: