Thursday 1 January 2015

December Catch Up

Wow, December really does disappear in a flurry of activity and celebrations!

I thought I would take this opportunity to post a few bits and pieces of catch up from this month. Mainly my creating for D-lish Scraps for December.

I was lucky enough to post on Christmas Day for D-lish so of course I had to create one Christmas themed page. Interestingly I am not an overly keen "theme" scrapper in that I don't buy up on the Christmas papers or embellishments, I prefer to keep my stash versatile and scrap with that rather than buying day specific things. And scrapping Christmas was not a problem, especially given my gold fetish!


I found some papers (Maggie Holmes Open Book) which did the job nicely and of course lots of great embellishments and extras from my extensive D-lish stash! Ta Da a Christmas page!

My second post for the month was based on a cyber crop challenge from the lovely Cindy. This was to use an earthy toned palette with the twist of using travel photos. Well the travel photos was the easy part. Finding earthy tones in my collection was a whole lot harder! I am just a bright and colourful kind of gal! But I did find some things and I am really pleased with the final outcome.




My last page was inspired by Alz's blind scrap challenge, also done at the last cyber crop. Another page that I was quite pleased with how it finished up!



I just love how these colours work together and I just love Amy Tan's Stitched collection, just beautiful!

Also on the scrappy radar, I am happy to announce that I am on the new Scrap the Boys team! Yay! So make sure you check them out this year! Lots of fun ahead there.


Well, that is a pretty good round up of December. Hopefully I will get to sit and craft soon, although I am feeling the urge to tidy/sort my craft space first!

Katie x

No comments: