Thursday 19 January 2017

Scrap the Girls - January

So does anyone else feel like January is slipping by in a haze of heat and humidity?! We are on countdown for back to school and TAFE here. Plenty of running around being done as all those little back to school jobs get done.

But the upside to the heat and humidity is the days being locked inside in the air-con! Good scrapping days! Today I am sharing a page created for the Scrap the Girls January challenge which Rainbow Splendour is sponsoring. Here is the challenge:







 

 At first when I looked at this challenge my mind went blank, then I thought of some great doily stamps that I have (inspired by the henna tattoos) and then it was time to dig through the patterned papers and see what colours that I had to work in with the colour palette.

So this is what I came up with:


Turned out I had a few bits and pieces that worked with the colours, and of course you can never go past some ink or mists to help add colour.


I have used this gorgeous printed wood veneer from RS, along with the wood veneer word. Balancing it out is the banners from Charms Creations in music paper, very versatile!


This little cluster includes a pretty pin and epoxy from RS. Can you see the doily stamps peeping out? I used some distress inks for stamping these, faded jeans and seedless preserves, just about a perfect match don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a go at the challenge, you might even score yourself some great Rainbow Splendour goodies too!

Katie x

No comments: