Monday 7 September 2015

Scrap the Girls September

I really did mean to get this up on my blog last week, but with my son's birthday on the first and kindy photo commitments last week it just didn't happen. But better late than never they say!

This is my first sample for Scrap the Girls so it is just a little bit exciting! This month the challenge is of the sketch variety, yay! Sketches are always a great way to get a page done quickly, and this sketch is awesome.



And this is my take on the sketch:

Where all the flowers are I decided to use a floral stencil with texture paste. I coloured the texture paste with a squirt of Heidi Swapp colour shine in the same colour as the spray bursts and drips. I also changed up the sizes and proportions of the main elements too so that it suited my photo and PL cards.


I think I just about always have a place to add a Charms Creation embellishment on my page! Teamed with some paper roses, resin heart and some gold enamel dots and you finish with a nice little cluster.


This PL card was from a Heidi Swapp set and I coloured it with colour shine and backed the word with some patterned paper to help it stand out against the background.


I love using my motex writer from D-lish Scraps and I had fun cutting the strips into individual words to make my journalling a little different!

So there you have it, my first sample for Scrap the Girls. I hope to see your pages for this challenge really soon too!

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

No comments: