Friday 21 August 2015

Cyber Crop Playing

Hi Ho it is Friday! I have had a good week with getting DT commitments done and found myself with a little spare time to do some scrapping just because and just for me. I have been having a hankering to play too so armed with the gorgeous colour challenge set by Cindy for the Scrap Suite cyber crop I decided to play!




Isn't it a fabulous colour palette?! And a pretty amazing sample by Cindy too! And the good news is the challenge is open until mid September so you have plenty of time to join in if the colours grab you too! Just head over to the D-lish Scraps blog here and find the join the Scrap Suite button in the side bar.

So, back to it, I decided to start with some of the new distress ink colours, specifically Mermaid Lagoon and Twisted Citron. I swiped these onto a piece of old plastic bag, spritzed with water and "stamped" onto my background cardstock. I did this around the page and built up colour here and there and let it dry (well mostly, I do get impatient!). I then added some colour in the same way using Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn and Iced Spruce ink pads. After this was completed and dried I added some texture paste with a Scrap FX diamond stencil, let this dry, so much drying.... And finally played with some Indigo Blu stamps around where I was planning on placing my layered pile of papers and photos. So let's look at the finished page:


I used one of the D-lish Scraps 5x7 paper bags opened out and cut up layered with some doilies and dictionary print vellem. The bags are a great substitute for patterned paper.


My title was cut on my Cameo using a cool script type font. I am loving adding some random bits of punchinella into my layers too. Throw in a few other bits and pieces and hey presto!


I have been really enjoying the enamel shapes pack that I picked up at the birthday sale! I love having hearts and other shapes to add in. 


And to finish off some motex tape for my journaling and date, stapled for some added interest.

I hope to see your takes on this colour palette too!

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

No comments: