Friday 25 April 2014

Challenges - Scrap the Girls and KIU

Well, I spent another day over the Easter weekend scrapping and catching up on my TV programs. I have to say that I felt a little brain drain by the end of the day. Not sure if it was too much TV or too much creative thinking! Perhaps it was a little of both! Anyway, I managed to complete another couple of challenges.

Scrap the Girls for April is a reasonable simple task - Scrap your girl photos using boyish colours and embellishments. So I went to an older Crate Paper line (Toybox I think) which was definitely designed with boys in mind and went from there. This is my end result:


The other challenge I completed was for Kraft It Up. This month you needed to use five items/techniques from the following list:

Layers
Sequins
Mists/Paints
Tearing/Distressing
Stamping
Arrows/Triangles


I ended up going with - Layers, Sequins, Gelatos (included in the mists/paint category), Stamping and Trinagles. This is what I came up with:


Feeling pleased with my effort over Easter, let's just hope it continues on over the coming weeks!

Thanks for stopping by.

Katie x

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

You have been creating wonderfully with these 2 layouts.. love the circles on your first layout.. and thanks for joining in at Scrap the Girls too this month!!

Paula said...

Both fabulous layouts! I love those triangles with the words on the KIU one :) Thanks for joining us this month!

Alz said...

Gorgeous pages Katie but your KIU one is soooo precious. I look forward to seeing what you do with our next challenge!!! :)

Leanne said...

Thanks for joining in at STG this month. Great designs and I love that Toybox range.

Fiona said...

Two awesome pages! Totally gorgeus photo for KIU, love everything about it, the stamping, the colours and especially the triangles of pp. Beautiful, thanks for playing along at KIU x