The first challenge on my list for my day of scrapping was the new sketch over at Anna's Craft Cupboard. I must say when I first saw the sketch I was a little "scared off" by the big burst background, but I found a piece of paper in my stash that I new would work and gave me a base to start with. So, firstly here is the sketch:
See what I mean about the big burst?! This is what I came up with:
I am usually not one for adding stitching, but I think this helped tie in the background with the page. After the initial panic, I am really happy with the outcome, and I just love these photos of my little niece on her first day of kindy. I have taken to pulling photos my family put on FB into a collage making app and printing a 6x4 with them. This means that "small" photo files on FB come out good enough to scrap!
I also completed the Scrap the Boys April challenge. This month the challenge was simply to "use flowers on a boy page", now this was a double challenge for me as I am not much of a flowers person usually anyway. So with that in mind I found an appropriate photo and set to work. The flowers are subtle - a few die cut ones and on some background paper - but they are there! Here is the result:
Til then, Happy Easter everyone!