Wednesday 29 February 2012

February Challenge....Just made it!

Well, nothing like leaving things to the last minute! I have managed to get the Scrap the Boys February sketch challenge done, and photographed and loaded! I also have the Scrap the Girls Feb challenge 75% done, so hopefully I can finish that off today and load as well.

So this is the Scrap the Boys sketch for Feb:


And this is my interpretation:


As you can see I kind of rotated and flipped the sketch to suit. A fairly clean and simple page, the most exciting part for me was trying out my new banner die from My Favourite Things, and creating the background with a Crafters Workshop template and distress ink, lots of fun!!

And I also have a layout that was just because! This one uses a picture taken at the "Dot Room" in GOMA over the school holidays. Now if you have been you know what I am talking about! It was a completely white room where the kids were given a sheet of colourful circle stickers as they entered with free reign to put them where ever they wanted! A lot of fun and I tried to capture that in my layout, and I have to say it is one of my all time favourites (at the moment!!).


I have also been playing around with my own buttons again. I have some of the flat back self cover ones to create my own matching buttons (very addictive, let me tell you, but that is another story!), and I decided to have a play around and came up with these:


I am stoked with how they turned out! Especially the text ones. All I have done is stamp with stayz-on ink onto calico fabric and used that to cover the button, and the blue one uses some thinner craft felt. The stamps that I have used are Hero Arts Friends definition and a Stampin' Up French Script background. I am hanging out for the new Hero Arts newsprint stamp to try now as well!! So cool! And maybe I now need some more colours of stayz-on ink too!!!

So that's it for now, but perhaps I will be back later with one last Feb challenge page!!

No comments: