Sunday 27 February 2011

Challenges

Thought I had better get some of the February challenges that I actually did get done up and linked before I run out of days in February!
I have managed to get one sketch challenge done for the Kaisercraft blog, two challenges for the Show Us Your Stuff blog and one for the Scrap the Girls blog.
So this first one is KaiserCrafts Saturday Sketch February #2, here is the sketch, and then my interpretation. I have used Lush papers for this one. I also played with my two new Martha Stewart punches! I must say I do love my border punches!! The zig-zag one is great for the edges of rosettes too.


So this next one is for Scrap the Girls and it too is a sketch challenge. So first I have the sketch and then my version. I used a great AC Dear Lizzy kit for this one, such pretty papers and colours. You will probably notice I rotated the sketch to suit my photos, and I loved how it turned out!


Finally we have Show Us Your Stuff. Challenge #1 was a "love" themed page/card/otp, any kind of love and must include a handmade heart. My heart was fashioned from a white paper doily that I misted and inked. I also hand cut some smaller hearts as extra accents to finish the page. I used some Crate Paper patterned papers and really love how they colours worked together. I should mention too that this started off being based on a Pencil Lines sketch #213. But as sketches often do evolved from that, but there is definitely still a resemblance and credit where credit is due I say!


The second challenge for Show Us Your Stuff was a sketch, and also include a quote and of course something handmade. My quote was: " The poetry of the Earth is never dead" by John Keats, something I thought was appropriate given the theme of the layout. My handmade items were buttons from patterned paper and dimensioned using dimensional magic and also the journalling spots that were stamped onto patterned paper and cut out.


So that's me, keeping myself occupied while Andrew has been away. I will be back soon with some final photos of the finished front deck (bar the painting and oiling). See you next time.

3 comments:

Anne P said...

Wow, you are truely a challenge JUNKIE (just like me). Love your takes on the Show us your stuff challenges and scrap the girls. Well actually they are all pretty darn great.

Paula said...

Brilliant scrapping :) great take on the STG sketch, those papers are yummy!

Nay and Gilly said...

Wow what yummy LO's Thanks so much for joining in on SUYS!