Monday 10 September 2007

What a few weeks....

Well, it has been a busy and stressful few weeks. August/September is traditionally busy for us with birthday's every which way you turn, and fathers day and the school fete. This year we had to add a sad moment with the death of my grandma. She was just 83 and so full of life that it took us all by surprise when she had a heart attack. My grandma collected giraffes and there were 15 giraffes in her collection, one went to each of her 15 grandchildren. I was lucky enough to take home a big concrete one, the one we gave her as a family for a birthday (or maybe mothers day), so there is extra sentiment in that. To show what an amazing woman she was, she had also organised the crotcheted face washers that she gives to each great-grandchild each Christmas already for this years Christmas bag.

My little boy, Liam is now a big three year old. Although he is heavily in denial, and often answers - "um maybe one" when asked how old he is! Very cute.

I managed to get my For Keeps awards for excellence entry off in time. Now, along with the Scrapbooking Memories competition I will be waiting for news on this one!

We have some busy times coming up at the shop too as we start thinking about Christmas classes and projects. I also started my series of Photo Know How classes. So far so good there.

Now, I need to include some pictures, especially for my sister in law Sue!


Here is the Story Bridge, complete with climbers taken from a CityCat during the June/July holidays.


Here is one of the images from the Lunar eclipse. Turned out alright, despite the light cloud that seemed to be around.


Here is the moon coming out from the eclipse.


And here we have the reluctant birthday boy! Look at that face!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those moon photos are spectacular katie. happy birthday little man. sorry to hear about your grandma.

scrapwitch said...

i agree...they are truely amazing
wonderful moon shots

Scrapbooking 4 Less said...

I've just stumbled across your BLOG and I too love your Eclipse pics. I took some and have them uploaded on my Blog too.

Take Care,
Shelley
www.scrapbooking4less.com.au