Thursday 14 January 2016

Charms Creations Dec/Jan Challenge #2

Good Morning! Can you believe how quickly January is disappearing?! We only have two weeks left until the kid's are back at school and some sort of normal returns to the house. But while there is no routine and no need to be anywhere at any specific time (well mostly) I am taking time to sit at my desk and create.

If you are feeling the need to create you should check out the two challenges Charms Creations is running, these are Dec/Jan challenges, two challenges and two months to do them (well not two months any more!).

You might remember that I finished and blogged challenge #1 before Christmas, you can check it out here if you want another look.

The second challenge is another colour palette/image kind of challenge,



Aren't the colours pretty? Along with the colours I was really inspired by the word summer on the image, and that is where my page started!


So, I found a cool font a little like the one in the picture and I cut that out of my background cardstock and backed it with pretty papers that fitted the colour palette. I have to say I really love these colours together, they are so soft and pretty! Otherwise I kept the page pretty simple and fresh with a couple of clusters of embellishments around the photos. The photos I also edited to suit the softer colour palette!


I thought the pink map marker was a perfect addition to this page about the beach, and our annual camping trip with friends. A kind of "wish I was here" feel to it! And don't you just love the wood veneer clouds? These came from Rainbow Splendour and they are so cute!


I love this ombre style flair from D-lish Scraps, it is the perfect colour too for this page.


And a close up of the title. Not as intricate as in the image, but it fits for this page.

Well, that is all from me for now. Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

1 comment:

KarenB said...

Hi Katie,
I scraplifted your gorgeous layout for the latest Charm's challenge - thank you for the inspiration!