Sunday 19 July 2015

Scrap the Boys - Mid Month Reveal

During the week Scrap the Boys had their mid-month reveal for the July challenge, so that means I can now share my page! You still have plenty of time to join in this challenge and it is a great inspiration board challenge.



I just love the yellows and oranges in this board. So colour is an obvious choice for creating with, my other favourite piece of inspiration from this board is image #2, the painted circles, and this is what formed the basis for my page.


So to start with I recreated the circles using gelatos and water colour crayons on my background, these were roughly drawn and then smudged with water to soften. Afterwards I used some white gesso and white crayon to make some defined edges. I really love how this background turned out.


I just love using the Charms Creations chevrons, I think they are one of my favourite pieces as they can be used in so many ways. I also happened to have one yellow and one orange one that matched my page! I used them to for a cluster at the bottom and top of my page, mixed in with some D-lish Scraps goodies and some word stickers from Crate Paper (also a favourite at the moment!).


The top simple cluster helps balance out the page.


I kept the title simple and clean with this white thicker printshop font combined with some alpha stickers.

The other thing that I love about this page is the photos, the blue of Liam's shirt really sets off the oranges and yellows.

Make sure you go and check out the other mid-month reveals at Scrap the Boys and maybe have a go yourself.

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

No comments: