Thursday 20 March 2014

D'Lish Scraps - March Inspiration Board

Wow, is it just me or is March flying by?! Well I have managed to do one challenge so far, still sorting and cleaning my scrap area so it has been harder to find time to sit and play, not to mention remembering where I have put everything!

I have decided to play along with D'Lish Scraps inspiration board. I spent six lovely months on the Creative Team for D'Lish and really enjoyed the boards that Amanda came up with each month, now I get to join in on the other side! This month's board really spoke to me, especially the colours which are so vibrant!

Aren't the colours just divine?! So my inspiration came first and foremost from the colours, then the flowers and lastly the little bit of gold in one of the pictures. So here is my result:




This was a fun page to create! Firstly I cut the dandelion flower pattern with my Silhouette using acetate to create a re-usable mask. I was so impressed with how well it cut the intricate detail! Have I mentioned lately how much I love this machine??!! With the mask in place I used some Faber Castell glaze medium over the mask which dries with a gloss and resists the ink which I added next. I used the bright Dylusion spray mists with a paintbrush, and when it was dry I wiped over the pattern to remove any excess ink.  A few splats of Mr Huey's Passport for some contrast, my photos, bits and pieces from D'Lish, gold flowers cut from gold foil paper, a title and my journalling and we're done!

Well, hopefully I can get some more challenges done before the end of the month, but if the first 3 weeks is anything to go by my chances are small!

Oh, did I mention that I was the lucky winner of the Anna's Craft Cupboard sketch challenge for February! I was stoked to hear about that one! You can see my entry in this post here.

Until next time!

Katie x

7 comments:

scrappintrace said...

Love this !!

Sandra said...

Katie I love the background with the drips of colour and the colour and B/W photo look fabulous.

Catie said...

Love your background work on this page Katie - very clever. Those gold flowers are just perfect! Thanks for joining in at D-Lish Scraps this month :)

Judith said...

Love the background you created with the mask. Gorgeous layout. Thanks for joining in at D-Lish Scraps this month.

Tarrah McLean said...

Katie your layout stands out so much!! I love how you have masked? those pieces over the paint work...so striking..beautiful journaling too..thanks for playing along at D-Lish Scraps :)

raquel said...

Katie, I am with you and SERIOUSLY LOVE my silhouette too. I haven't tried the acetate yet so must give it a go seeing how perfect your images came out :) The technique and colours of the board you used look great. Thanks for joining in at D-lish!

Sandy Ang said...

absolutely amazing your page