Saturday 31 August 2013

Last Minute Entry...

Nothing like leaving things until the last minute is there?! I managed to get another challenge completed this week, despite the crazy week that it has been, and I even photographed it this morning, and let me tell you I am so glad I did take the time to photograph it then. See, today has been all hands on deck at the kids school fete! I have been at the school from 9am this morning until about 5pm this afternoon. Where upon I came home, showered and proceeded to cook dinner for our usual family of 5 plus 3 extra friends before racing out to watch the fireworks!

Now, with extras delivered back to their own homes and my own getting themselves ready for bed I have five minutes to myself.... ahhh the serenity! So before popping on a movie to unwind, I thought I would get back to that page that I had the foresight to photograph earlier and load it up!

The challenge that I decided to do was for Scrap the Boys, and the criteria was - monochromatic + chipboard + twine, and as I had some new photos of my boy I thought it was a good one to do! So here it is:


So you can probably guess I chose green! I wanted to create a watercolour effect background, which I did using some mowed lawn distress ink on my work surface, misted with lots of water and then swiping my background cardstock through the misted ink. It worked wonderfully! I then inked some more with stencils and stamps before adding the other bits and pieces. Oh, and I would just like to say that I love this photo of Liam! Such a cheeky little one and this seemed to capture him perfectly!

Well, that is it for tonight! So good bye from me.....

Katie x


3 comments:

Kim Ewins said...

Awesome layout....love the green and what a great photo!
Sounds like you have been one busy lady...hope the rest of your weekend is a little less hectic. Thanks so much for joining us at STB :)

Anne P said...

COOL LO and great picture. Glad to see you got time to play along at Scrap the Boys.

Michelle Jamieson said...

Fab photo and I think the greens real set off your pic. Great work! Thanks for playing along at STB! :)