1. Die Cut paper 2. 3 photos of different sizes 3. A treeI used one of my Martha Stewart punches to create the die-cut paper and while it is not perfect I think it worked out pretty well. I had fun with the tree, a simple hand drawn and cut trunk with punched circles that I stamped using a tree stamp from Imaginisce, and then I added pearls for a bit of flair! I am really happy with this page, I love the simplicity of it! This page was in memory of my Sister and Brother in laws dog Dana who recently passed away. She was a beautiful dog and so good with the kids. Worse still only a couple of weeks later their other dog Gemma passed away too. (Both of them were old/sick so it wasn't a great surprise just sad it happened so close together). I did use a KI Memories Sheers background for this one though. It had been sitting in my stash for a while so I thought it was about time I used it. So the background is really see through, I just photographed it on a piece of white cardstock. This was a fun page, using some of the new Q2 Kaisercraft papers. I loved how this one turned out too. It seemed to be the perfect paper for the scooter theme. Well, that is it from me for now. We are starting to get into the silly season so I am thinking my free time is going to start disappearing, but I will try and update as often as I can. Oh, one more thing, I just bought myself a cuttlebug!! I had been thinking on it a little while and said to hell with it and just bought it! I think Andrew is glad, he was getting sick of me talking about it too! So I have a new toy to play with!! Yay! Catch you later.
Monday, 9 November 2009
Hello All! I have been having great fun playing with my Slice and experimenting with ways to use the things I cut from it. My new favourite is to cut shapes from transparency sheets and then use them on my page. Here is an example. I cut the title and painted the reverse side and used a pen to outline the letters on the front, I also used paint to edge the little girls. I was really impressed with how easily the Slice cut the transparency sheets. The other fun playing came about trying to jazz up some of the welded words I had cut for the title of this page. So what I did was flocked them! I simply coated the word in dimensional magic and then covered them in flocking powder and waited for the glue to dry before tapping off the excess. One thing I did learn is don't coat all the words first and then add the flocking because the glue had already start to set on the first one and not as much powder stuck. But it still looks ok. This next page is for the November challenge over at Out of the Hat. The criteria was: