Thursday 3 January 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Well, can you believe it is 2008 already?! The end of the year certainly disappeared in a big hurry.

I suppose I need to update on all the waitings I had, and I guess by the fact there was no news along the way the results are pretty obvious......

No luck in the Canon 5 competition, but I was very happy with my photos for it, so a great result after all.

No honorable mentions for the Scrapbooking Memories Masters either, again a little disappointing, but there is only room for so many to be published and again I was happy with my creations. I have put them on here for you to have a look and see what you think??!!







On a good note, I have another photograph hanging in the Museum of Brisbane again. I was lucky enough to have my entry for the Lord Mayor's photographic challenge selected for display again this year so that is great. Make sure you go and have a look if you are in town!

Since the last post I have had my birthday too. I was lucky to get a set of reflectors and a lens hood to help with my photography and I am almost all the way there to purchasing my new photo printer (with help from friends and family!). This time I am going to the "pro" end of the range. I am looking at a Canon pro9500 which is a wide format printer with 10 ink cartridges!! At a nice price tag to go with it! But I can't wait!!!

Then we come to Andrew's birthday! He was lucky enough to get the money for buying the work bench he has been after, so he is happy about that. Now we just have to go and get it!

Christmas came rushing in after that with lots of great presents all round. The bes probably being the Wii console that came for the family from Santa! It should post more health warnings though. I have been suffering all sorts of sports injuries since the thing came into the house! But I am getting good at bowling, tennis, golf and boxing!!!

Things are hotting up for a great year at Scrapbook City too, with the launch of a reverse auction for a fantastic prize of a Cricut! How cool!

I think that is all the news for now. I will try and be a good blogger and update a bit more regularly!!!

Cheers and Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Belinda said...

Happy New Year Katie. I like all of your creations - love the colours for "first born", very striking with b&w photos and very clever the camera shape for the ME book. And I'm sure they all look even better irl. Cheers, Belinda

Brendy xx said...

Happy New Year.......

Love what you created for the SM Masters :)There is always this year!

Take Care
Brenda

AnnetteL said...

Katie your master entries are awesome! I like them! Hope you had a great day for your b'day and how lucky are you for all those nice presents! Congratulations on your photo being selected for display! That's great.
Take Care
Annette

Anonymous said...

Those judges really just can't see talent when it is presented to them on a plate. just keep plugging away